Photo Cred: Camille Catherine Photography
As engagement season approaches us (less than 2 weeks away!), many of the popular wedding venues for 2018 will begin to become completely booked or only have a few scarce openings remaining. Therefore when searching for the perfect venue for your wedding it’s important to know exactly what you’re looking for and narrow down the backdrop for your wedding sooner than later. Do you want to have a ballroom wedding, or out in one of Virginia’s vineyards? Are you looking to have a modern upscale wedding, or want something a bit more relaxed? That’s where this post comes in handy! We’re narrowed down some useful tips for choosing the perfect wedding venue so you’re prepared and ready to say I Do!
Tips for Choosing a Wedding Venue
- Is it easy to access for your guest? This means considering those who may be traveling from far and those who will have to be in traffic to access the location. If the wedding is in a big city, like DC, ensure that the venue is either metro accessible or has available parking spaces near by. If all else fails, consider hiring a valet or transportation company to make things easier for everyone. Keep in mind that this will also be an added expense!
- Is your wedding date available and can the wedding venue occupy the amount of guest that you expect to attend? The average DC guest count is 150. Anything above that and your venue count becomes reduced by a third.
- Think about the setting that you want. Do you want a religious ceremony, destination wedding, or a simple yet intimate ceremony? These are all factors that will determine your perfect wedding venue.
- Is it within your budget and can you have your ceremony and reception there?
- Will you have to hire extra vendors for lighting and decorations if needed?
- Are there restrictions on open flame candles or red wine? A lot of our area’s beloved historic buildings and mansion won’t allow for this!
At the end of the day, no matter if your preference is an industrial dc venue, favorite hotel, or a rustic barn these questions should be on the top of your list when searching for the perfect wedding venue! So much time, effort, and money will go into planning your perfect wedding. Make sure that the wedding venue you choose is something that you will love! Have additional questions or need help deciding on which wedding venue is right for you? Drop me a line!
Photo Cred: Joy Asico Photography
For more wedding advice, like Tackling the Seating Chart, be sure to visit our Wedding Advice Home Page.
Tiffany Rivera is a DC WEDDING PLANNER & DC EVENT PLANNER serving DC, Maryland, Virginia and beyond!